Our ideal candidate for this position is a detailed-oriented team player, with a positive motivational vibe, who is looking for a manager position help scale our fast growing business. We're looking for a proactive leader who takes pride in his/her work and is looking to grow with us.
Our Manager will be responsible for the overall success of the store. Responsibilities include hiring, training and developing all front of house and back of house team members, managing inventory and ordering, and leading the shop to be successful against our financial and operational goals.
Store hours: Monday - Friday only (11 am - 3 pm)
Reports directly to owners
Salary: Highly competitive
- Build, train, inspire, and retain an incredible team, provide positive and constructive feedback and coaching your team to be their best
- Ensure every guest has a great experience, and continually find ways to coach your team to go above and beyond in exceeding guest expectations
- Oversee all inventory and ordering to ensure we are able to operate smoothly and minimize food waste
- Drive strong and ever improving financial performance of your store
- Collaborate with your team to come up with ways to creatively engage your community, deepening relationships with regular guests and welcoming newcomers
- Ensure we always meet our high standards of quality with regular tastings and ongoing management training with our chef.
- Work on the line not only to help the team in busy moments but to stay constantly connected to the soul of our brand and find ways to continually improve it
- Create and maintain a thoughtful work schedule for your team which balances individual, team and store needs while meeting our business goals for efficiency
- Manage day-to-day financial operations of the store, including banking, payroll, etc.
- A seafood lover, with a strong appreciation for quality fish and sustainable sourcing
- A strong and dedicated people leader, who both supports and challenges employees to be their best. You have a record of grooming others to step up and lead
- A business leader who knows how achieve financial success for your store through operational excellence and the ability to build an amazing team
- Obsessed with hospitality - is able to anticipate the needs of others, is empathetic, and appreciates the importance of our guests and all of our our team members.
- Energized by ambitious and challenging goals - you don’t just meet them but surpass them
- Never satisfied with the status quo and always looking to improve
- Able find the balance between the big picture and the nitty-gritty. Shape and leading the strategy for your store’s success, but also drive excellent day-to-day operations at the smallest level of detail
- Effective written and verbal communications to people at all levels of the company
- An enthusiastic collaborator who loves drawing upon and learning from the input of others
- Flexible and creative in problem solving - you roll with the punches and have fun doing it
- 2+ years of retail/hospitality experience with a strong preference for seafood, food & beverage
- 2+ years of retail management experience leading a team of 10+ people
- A strong understanding of a profit and loss statement, and knowledge of how to impact it
- Comfortable using computer programs, especially Google Drive tools (Sheets, Docs, Calendar)
About Coast Poke Counter SF/FIDI
This is not your average poke bowl joint! "CAREFULLY CUBED. RESPECTFULLY ADVENTUROUS" For us poke is not a trend, its comfort food. Working with raw fish requires a delicate and nuanced approach. Breaking down a fish and cubing it is a craft we strive to perfect. Blending the right textures and flavors for each fish is something our kitchen takes seriously. We’re proud to present poke the way you’d find it in Hawaii; made fresh daily, with ingredients that accent the flavor of the fish, not mask it. Our respect for authentic Hawaiian poke runs deep. We honor those recipes using imported ingredients from Hawaii. Our poke master, island girl and two-time Sam Choy Poke Contest Champ ('04, '05), Kelly Zubal, has created recipes which are sure to excite your palate. We only use responsibly sourced sushi grade fish. The Coast family has decades of experience with seafood and we're committed to serving the best. Join our team and you join a movement to represent poke the Hawaiian way.