Our pursuit of seasonal flavors continues and this month we charge into October with a hefty line-up. We’re proud to introduce richer flavors and new textures, with an eye pleasing palate of fall colors.
Headlining the menu for a limited time: Black Garlic Shoyu Salmon.
Bon Appetit’s Amiel Stanek describes black garlic perfectly.
“Black garlic is made when heads of (regular ol’) garlic are aged under specialized conditions until the cloves turn inky black and develop a sticky date-like texture. And the taste? Out of this world. Sweet, earthy, minus the allium’s characteristic heat—think of it as garlic’s umami-packed shadow.“
We’re proud to present Black Garlic Shoyu Salmon poke which features fresh salmon, hand-cubed and tossed with our housemade black garlic sauce, roasted ube and sesame seeds.
Turning our attention down the line, we find a supporting cast of new sides that are equally impressive.
- Organic miso kale. Seriously, even people who don’t like kale, will like this.
- Macaroni salad. Nothing fancy, just a simple Hawaiian style mac salad that makes our aunties in Pearl City smile.
- Roasted ube. This sweet purple potato is back in season and we love it!
- Roasted kabocha. Sweet Japanese squash that’s loaded with vitamin A. TBT it tastes more like a sweet potato but we devour it just the same.
- Spam musubi. Keepin’ it real, people. This one is an island favorite.
Please note that we’re temporarily pulling a few sides (shredded daikon, tamago yaki, edamame guac) from the line to make way for these seasonal faves, but they’ll be back soon!
Finally, over in our grab and go, you’ll find a new addition to our Inari Bomb Collection. Say hello to the Spicy Crab Bomb. Spicy imit. crab salad stuffed into an amazing little pocket of fried tofu with sushi rice. It’s truly is da bomb.
We look forward to hearing what you think of our new line up. Have a great week!
The Coast Crew